[mou] Cackling Geese still present

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 19:06:00 CDT 2008

As I stopped at the intersection of Texas Ave and Franklin Ave (St. Louis Park, Hennepin Co.) I saw the mixed flock of Canada and Cackling Geese easily from the road. This flock was foraging on the lawn of the St. Louis Park Junior High School. (Lamplighter Pond is adjacent to the school.)

For those interested, be sure to note that last time I viewed the geese through a spotting scope, there were two subspecies of Cackling Goose: Taverern's and Richardson's.

Good birding~

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley