[mou] Park Point sightings

Erik Bruhnke birdfedr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:55:58 CDT 2008

Yesterday morning throughout Park Point (sunrise to about 9:15am), I was
unable to re-locate the Arctic Loon. I did see my first BUFFLEHEAD (an adult
male) of the fall. While at work at Hawk Ridge yesterday, I had my first
AMERICAN TREE SPARROW and HARRIS'S SPARROW this fall. Amongst the many
Dark-eyed Juncos, White-crowned Sparrows, and White-throated Sparrows at the
Hawk Ridge feeding station, a FOX SPARROW was also seen at the feeders.

This morning (from sunrise to 9:30am)  I was still unable to relocate the
Arctic Loon. I did have a few interesting sightings this morning at Park
Point, including:
Bonaparte's Gulls
COMMON TERN - 1
Scaup
Common Merganser
BARN SWALLOW - 1
White-winged Scoter - 1
Horned Lark

I'm going to check Wisconsin Point tomorrow morning, just in case the loon
is sticking around.

Good birding!
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN