[mou] Ross's Goose still present/Carver County

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 18 18:23:40 CDT 2008

The Ross's Goose was still at the Eden Lake Elementary ball fields at 5:30 this evening.  Unfortunately as I was driving off, there was a 3 year old that started chasing the Canada Geese.   They didn't seem interested in flying, so maybe they'll hang around for the night.

Carver Park Reserve and Chaska Lake turned up the usual waterfowl this morning.  Besides that it was probably the best Golden-crowned Kinglet day I have ever had (6 at Carver Park and 3 at Chaska Lake outnumbering Ruby-crowned at both locations).  Otherwise there were the usual late-fall migrants: Yellow-rumped Warbler, Hermit Thrush, Fox Sparrow, and American Tree Sparrow.  At the Chevalle wetlands in Chaska there were still 2 Lesser Yellowlegs and loads of Red-winged Blackbird.

John