[mou] Harris' Sparrow

Jackie Nooker jnooker at live.com
Thu Oct 23 08:34:11 CDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I was enjoying the flurry of activity at the prairie demonstration plot between SM and ST buildings at Southwest Minnesota State University, when a HARRIS' SPARROW jumped up for a second before jumping back into the prairie plants.  Having lived in Kansas for 5 years, I am very familiar with the species as a feeder bird.  I was a little surprised to see him, but I guess they are regular visitors to this part of the state in winter? Thanks for any information.

Also seen were Cedar Waxwings (mostly juveniles - no wax), American Robins, Dark-eyed juncos and chickadees.

Good Birding!
-Jackie Augustine
Asst. Professor, SMSU
Marshall, MN