[mou] Harlequin Duck, Red-throated Loons at Park Point, Duluth

Peder Svingen psvingen at d.umn.edu
Sun Oct 26 20:09:54 CDT 2008

Sunday (10/26) Mike Hendrickson and I observed the following birds of
interest on Lake Superior:
Female/immature Harlequin Duck between 22nd Street and 31st Street
(Lafayette Square) on Park Point;
Two adult Red-throated Loons between the Recreation Area and Sky
Harbor Airport;
Adult Thayer's Gull on Minnesota side of the Superior Entry (another
adult was at the Superior Landfill).

Friday (10/24) while it was raining, I found two Pacific Loons and one
juvenile Red-throated Loon on Lake Superior between the Recreation
Area and Sky Harbor Airport, and another juvenile Red-throated at
Lafayette Square. These four loons could not be refound the next
morning. Thus, at least four different Red-throated Loons have been
recently seen in Duluth.
--
Peder H. Svingen
Duluth, MN