[mou] Ahhhh! Bird-alanche

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Mon Oct 27 09:12:47 CDT 2008

Once the cold weather set in I was and am smothered with birds at my
feeders.  The most unusual one is what I think is a female Purple
Finch.  Anyone who would like to see pictures of the bird to help
confirm my ID, I would appreciate it.

I have about 50 American Goldfinches, 70-80 balckbirds - mostly Common
Grackles and a few Red-winged Blackbirds (fortunately they are staying
in the trees away from the seed), 20-30 Robins, 15-20 Juncos, and a
meandering band of some 10-15 haggard Cedar Waxwings.  They are all
really loving the water feature as there is an actual waiting line for
access.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN