[mou] Park Point sightings/photos

Erik Bruhnke birdfedr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 21:16:37 CDT 2008

This morning I did some birding at Park Point before work. Highlights
inlcude:

Black Scoter - 1
Northern Harrier - adult male... at Hawk Ridge we call them 'Gray Ghosts'
Common Goldeneye
Bufflehead
Scaup
Mallard
Common Loon - 1
I also had two small gulls on the blurry horizon. I was unable to confirm
any species of gull for these two individuals.

Here's a photo I took this morning of the Black Scoter:
http://www.pbase.com/image/105242435

Here's some other photos taken at Hawk Ridge, from today and yesterday...

Golden Eagle:
http://www.pbase.com/image/105242583

Adult dark morph Red-tailed Hawk:
http://www.pbase.com/image/105242586

Northern Goshawk:
http://www.pbase.com/image/105242596

I was sooooo excited to hold and talk about Rough-legged Hawks up at the
ridge:
http://www.pbase.com/image/105242590
http://www.pbase.com/image/105242592
http://www.pbase.com/image/105242594

There's many more photos to come that I've taken at the Ridge. I'll let you
know when they're up!

Good birding,

Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN