[mou] MSP airport-many snow buntings, 1 peregrine falcon

Diana Doyle diana at managingthewaterway.com
Fri Oct 31 20:46:58 CDT 2008

This evening at 5:15 I saw a flock of about 200 snow buntings at the
Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, at the gravel construction site along
Longfellow Ave. They would land briefly on the dirt road, then
circle, then land, then circle,...

There was also a single peregrine falcon in the same area. I've seen
a peregrine before at the same site back in July of this year.

With the snow buntings and the peregrine falcon, one could almost
imagine oneself at a more exotic northern location than the MSP
airport!  :-)

I also scanned at every access point for a snowy owl--pretty early,
but with all the postings and two apparently already at The Raptor
Center, I figured it was a possibility. No sign of any snowies.

Diana Doyle
S. Minneapolis