[mou] Shorebird ID help

Richard Wood rwoodphd at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 09:50:18 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a follow-up question to this.

Let's say one gets a bunch of response, and there is a consensus as to what the bird's ID is.
What does the birder do in that situation?  Do you call it what the consensus says they think it is or do you leave it as an unidentified?

I know what I would do, and I'd like to hear what the others of you out there think about this.
I'd also be interested in knowing what the birding bodies think one should do.

Richard

 Richard L. Wood, Ph. D.
Hastings, MN
rwoodphd at yahoo.com