[mou] New E-C Dove spot/Otter Tail Co

Dan & Sandy Thimgan thimgan at digitaljam.com
Sat Sep 6 16:53:08 CDT 2008

There's another new (at least for us) location for Eurasian Collared-
Doves (AND, some apparent hybrids) in Otter Tail Co.  Today we (and
Jeff Schultz) saw three (or possibly four) doves in the town of
Perham (north-central Otter Tail Co).  First spotted by Jeff several
days ago, we saw them in the mature coniferous trees behind Jean's
Right Plant Place and on the power poles between Jean's and the
nearby antique shop (which are located along 3rd Ave SE).

The doves are either quite "white" or quite "gray."  We heard both
"colors" vocalizing and they both sounded like EC-Doves.  We were NOT
able to see the undertail area of the "gray doves," but we DID see
and photograph the undertail of a "white" dove --  and that looks
like what's pictured for African Collared-Doves (Ringed Turtle-
Dove).  Apparent hybrids?  We'll post our notes and photos to the MOU
site.

--Dan & Sandy Thimgan

--
Thimgans