[mou] Carver County

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:00:50 CDT 2008

The birding day yesterday proved to be fairly difficult.   Birds were making themselves fairly scarce in the rain.   Thanks to Ben Parke for providing an extra set of eyes on a day like that.   We ended up with 69 species, but may have seen a couple more had the conditions allowed us for a better view.  We had 12 species of warbler, but only 1 vireo(yellow-throated) and no migrating thrush.   The highlight was 9 Wilson's Snipe at the Chevalle neighborhood wetlands and a family of River Otter(It's not a bird but it was a highlight) at Rapids Lake MVNWR.

John Cyrus