[mou] Hawk Ridge (15 Sep 2008) 22,419 Raptors

Debbie Waters dwaters at hawkridge.org
Mon Sep 15 22:38:26 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

WHAT a DAY!  Raptors as far as we could see-they looked like a flowing river
of birds.

The full count is below.  Kudos to counters Karl Bardon & Jen Ottinger for
counting these raptors that kept disappearing into the clouds when they were
trying to get an accurate count.  I'm sure there were MANY birds that we
couldn't see (or count) flying above the lowest clouds.

If you are interested in our daily posts about the happenings at Hawk Ridge
(as well as up-to-the-minute reports & daily official counts of both raptors
& non-raptors), please visit our Yahoo! group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hawkridge  When things get good, we'll post
about it.  I sent an email out this morning that it was shaping up to be a
GREAT day!

The forecast for tomorrow is SW winds 10-15mph.  Northwest is best for a
good flight at Hawk Ridge, but any winds with a westerly factor are
positive.

Happy hawkwatching!

Debbie