[mou] [mnbird] Hurrican Ike news, habitat damage - and a question

douglas chapman rhameprairie at sio.midco.net
Wed Sep 17 11:57:55 CDT 2008

Not that we don't have enormous sympathy for the people of the TX/LA
coasts post hurricane and tremendous losses they have incurred. I and
we all do.

But the issue for the birds is different. We need to remember a few
things post people recoveries (if that's what this post was about.)

The habitat at Bolivar is coastal marsh and sandbars...it's FINE!
Heck, it's probably improved and definitely less pressured from
development now. This is probably the best thing to happen for the
birds there possible.

 From my friend who runs the birding house by the Tower at Boy Scout
Woods on High Island.

"High Island is fine...I've spoken to people there."

Bird on...

Doug Chapman
Sioux Falls, SD