[mou] Itasca County Lapland Longspurs

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:16:40 CDT 2008

This might not be a terribly unusual sighting, but this is the first time I have ever seen Lapland Longspurs in Itasca County.

I flushed 3 of them along the bike trail in the excavated area behind the Connor-Jasper Middle School in Bovey this evening.  They landed nearby to give me a quick look, then flew out of sight in the excavated area.  I have been checking this spot for a couple of weeks hoping for a Buff-breasted Sandpiper or something else interesting, but until now had only turned up a couple of Killdeer.

For you Bigby trackers out there, this was my 130th Bigby species of 2008.  Shawn Conradhttp://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/