[mou] Carver County

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 11:19:42 CDT 2008

Today  was probably my last out by dawn morning until next spring.   I decided to go back to Carver Park Reserve to compare it to earlier in the week.   It was noticeably less active, partly because of there being less Tennessee and Nashville Warblers.  The only Vireo species I saw was 2 individual Philadelphia, and again there were no thrush.  I did hear a Red-eyed Vireo, so they're still around.   The only different raptor was an American Kestrel.  New to the park for me this fall were Dark-eyed Junco and American Tree Sparrow.   There were also a few more Purple Finch in the park.  When I was finishing up I noticed a sign at the nature center saying there was banding taking place at King Blind.  I made a quick stop there, and it looked like they were doing well.

Warblers

Yellow-rumped-~25
Orange-crowned-5
Tennessee-4
Nashville-3
Common Yellowthroat-2
Northern Waterthrush-2
Magnolia-1

At the Chevalle neighborhood wetlands, there were a few Yellow-rumped and Palm Warbler in the trees and scrub surrounding the wetland.   There were 2 Wilson's Snipe and 1 Semipalmated Sandpiper joining the few shorebirds that had been there earlier in the week.

John