[mou] possible Pacific Golden-Plover update

Kim R Eckert eckertkr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 16:23:05 CDT 2008

The golden-plover is still present at the 40th Ave West Erie Pier area
in Duluth and it still may well prove to be a Pacific Golden-Plover.
Peder Svingen (one of the birders I called earlier about my sighting)
just called to report that he and others just saw what appeared to be
a juvenile Pacific Golden-Plover in the mudflats in the SW corner of
the impoundment (i.e., they walked to the right or SW along the RR
tracks to the mudflats at the corner where the road curves left
towards the large sand piles). Unfortunately, no one apparently has a
camera and a Merlin came in and flushed it and other shorebirds when
they were trying to get a better look. They are trying to relocate it
now.  Kim Eckert