[mou] Sunday in Blue Earth County

Chad Heins odunamis at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 14:21:19 CDT 2008

Hey Birders!

I had a chance to get out with Dave Johnson and explore Blue Earth County on Sunday afternoon.  We saw about 60 species or so highlighted by the following:

Philadelphia Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Blackburnian Warbler
Northern Parula
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Osprey
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Buff-breasted Sandpiper (single individual at the sod farms east of Mapleton--take CR21 east from Mapleton to its junction with CR14)
American Golden-Plover (2 birds seen north of the junction of CR168 and CR169 on the west side--there's nice mudflats and lots of birds).

The last two species were #231 and #232 for the county this year.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN