[mou] possible Arctic Loon in Duluth

Jim Lind jslind at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 29 21:14:43 CDT 2008

Don Harrington from Northfield, MN left a phone message with me today
(Monday) that he observed a possible Arctic Loon between the two
picnic areas at Brighton Beach (Kitchi Gammi Park) in east Duluth.
He watched the bird for 3 hours today with calm winds and few waves,
and noted consistently white flanks, white cheeks with no markings,
and no necklace.  I haven't yet spoken with Don so I don't have any
additional information, but I thought I would post something in case
there are interested birders who might want to check out the area
tomorrow.

Jim Lind