[mou] Turkey Vultures on 9-28-08 Isanti County

Beau Shroyer beaunshroyerduckbuster at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:09:27 CDT 2008

I was at Long Lake Lutheran Church on 9-28-08 for a family gathering.  State Hwy 47 and 277th ST. (Ave?) in Isanti County.  At approximately  2pm there was a kettle of about 50 TUVUs riding an updraft.  At approximately 5pm there were approximately 500 TUVUs that passed in a five minute window.  They got about a half mile south and started updrafting again.  I thought all you raptor counters might be interested to know.  I saw another group of about 50 resting/feeding on CR 8 a couple miles west of Hwy 47.