[rba] Sax/Zim

audrey lynn alynneretired at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 17:05:50 CDT 2008

Nancy Jackson and I birded Sax/Zim today in pouring rain to misty conditions and 50 degree temps, with a ton of mosquitos. The best birds were a Peregrine Falcon on a pole eating a baby duckling at the corner of hwy.# 7 and Stone Lake Rd., a Great gray Owl on McDavitt Rd about 2.5 miles from Sax Rd., Magpie at the Mcdavitt/Sax Rd. intersection, Yel. B. Flycatcher on Arkola Rd., Lincoln's Sp., and LeConte's Sp. on Mcdavitt and also Stone Lk. Rd. We perservered for a total of 75 species and went home for a very hot shower.
  A.Lynn Evers