[rba] [mou] Chat, Hooded Warblers in Wm. O'Brien S.P., Washington Co.

Bill Litkey rba at moumn.org
Tue Jun 24 12:16:54 CDT 2008

       After learning from friends that they had observed a Y-b Chat on Sat=
urday
afternoon and Sunday morning, Dick Rengstorf and I headed over there yester=
day
morning.  We didn't get the earliest start and ended up waiting for the bir=
d 1=BD hours
before it appeared briefly, with vocalization, at 11:30 A.M.  I am told thi=
s bird has
been around for some weeks.  I would like to encourage all to share with ot=
hers
unusual birds found on public lands by either posting on the listserve or c=
ontacting
someone that will.  I do realize that this is occurring the majority of the=
 time.
DIRECTIONS.  Turn right at the "T" just past the park entrance building and=
 shortly
turn right again on the dirt road to the athletic fields.  Park here and wa=
lk the
dirt road(Wetland Trail) west about  =BD mile.  The Chat usually frequents =
the north
side of the road in the stretch from the small elm tree overhanging the roa=
d to the
bend in the road toward the southwest.
       As for the two Hooded Warblers, we weren't interested in pursuing th=
ose so I
don't have specific directions.  I do know that they are farther west of th=
e Chat
spot somewhere along the Woodland Edge Trail.

Bill Litkey (Oakdale)

"The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declarin=
g the work
of His hands."
 Psalms 19:1

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.=
net/mkt-freepromo.html ---

---
This mailing list is sponsored by the Minnesota Ornithologists' Union.  Mai=
ling list membership available on-line at http://moumn.org/subscribe.html.
-----
ct of unsubscribe.