[rba] [mou] Kentucky Warbler, Minneapolis (Roberts)

rba at moumn.org rba at moumn.org
Tue May 27 14:55:51 CDT 2008

After braving suburban blight yesterday to twitch the Kentucky Warbler, I
found another male this morning in Roberts Sanctuary at Lake Harriet.  Not
far in from the main east entrance, in a row of brush off to the right.
(I saw it from 25 yards down the main trail that branches off to the right.)

In the short time I observed it, it was very secretive and not singing, unlike
the one in the Louisiana Swamp, which was singing continually (presumably
in a frustrated attempt to find a mate).

Not many passage migrants at Roberts, several Swainson's Thrushes, a couple
of Blackpolls...

Stephen Greenfield
tapaculo at halcyon.ws
612-877-1137