[rba] [mou] Red-throated Loons in Duluth

Kim R Eckert eckertkr at gmail.com
Tue May 27 16:17:29 CDT 2008

At least 8 Red-throated Loons were present late this morning, May 27,
on L Superior at Park Point in Duluth. Two were seen N of the 31st
Street/Lafayette Square beach access, 4 were close to shore just N of
the Recreation Area, and at least 2 others were distantly visible
between the Recreation area and the Superior Entry.

Unfortunately, though, the large wave of 25 warbler species seen
yesterday by Ben Yokel and others at Park Point was mostly gone by
this morning, with only 10 or so species found. The wave, however, was
still present early yesterday evening, with at least 21 species found
during a relatively brief check of the area between the 43rd St bus
turn-around and the main parking lot in the Recreation Area. I found
this wave to be especially interesting and curious since about 90% of
the individuals were females.

Of final note, I ran into Vija Kelly this morning, who said the Brant
was still present at Bayfront Park.

Kim Eckert

---
This mailing list is sponsored by the Minnesota Ornithologists' Union.  Mailing list membership available on-line at http://moumn.org/subscribe.html.