[rba] [mou] Red Knots in Duluth....

rba at moumn.org rba at moumn.org
Thu May 29 14:21:30 CDT 2008

This morning was really great at Minnesota Point in Duluth, MN.  For  me, the
Red Knot has been a kind of "holy grail" bird for some time now.   I've
longed to see one but was always a day late and so on.....Well at last,  through
the persistence of time and a blessing from the God above, I observed  two
beautiful red knots at Minnesota Point.  The birds foraged on the bay  side
shoreline in between the airport and the soccer fields for some time  this morning.
Truly special:)  If you like red knots, and you  better!, I will post a
picture of one of the birds in the showcase section  of MOU.  There were many
birders who observed the red knots.  There  were also several other cool species at
the point today, but for me, it was all  about the knots.
Happy Birding, Shawn Zierman.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.