[mou] MRVAC - SW Minnesota - Field trip report - 3/31/03

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:18:57 EST

--part1_12f.26d6aa9a.2bba6d31_boundary

3/31/03

Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter
SW Minnesota
Field Trip Report

14 - Participants
63 - Species observed

While leading a group for the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter today.
We observed large numbers of waterfowl in SW Minnesota.  We started birding
in Freeborn County and ended in Jackson County.  All the lakes were open and
waterfowl was plentiful on most of them.  Here were some of the highlights
for the group.

@ Trumpeter Swan - South Heron Lake - Jackson County
@ Tundra Swan - 3 counties, most observed on South Heron Lake
@ Ross's Goose - Jackson County - 12 birds were observed in a flock of Snow
Geese, From I 90 and State Hyw 86, go south on Hyw 86 about 5 1/2 miles to CR
66 , turn right on CR 66 and go 1 mile and turn left.  The birds were in a
field on the left in about 2 miles.
@ Greater White-fronted - Freeborn County - Alden Sewage ponds
@ Snow Geese
@ Turkey Vulture
@ Wilson's Snipe
@ Franklin's Gull - South Heron Lake
@ Yellow-headed Blackbird

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

--part1_12f.26d6aa9a.2bba6d31_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">3/31/03<BR>
<BR>
Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter<BR>
SW Minnesota<BR>
Field Trip Report<BR>
<BR>
14 - Participants<BR>
63 - Species observed<BR>
<BR>
While leading a group for the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter today.&=
nbsp; We observed large numbers of waterfowl in SW Minnesota.&nbsp; We start=
ed birding in Freeborn County and ended in Jackson County.&nbsp; All the lak=
es were open and waterfowl was plentiful on most of them.&nbsp; Here were so=
me of the highlights for the group.<BR>
<BR>
@ Trumpeter Swan - South Heron Lake - Jackson County<BR>
@ Tundra Swan - 3 counties, most observed on South Heron Lake<BR>
@ Ross's Goose - Jackson County - 12 birds were observed in a flock of Snow=20=
Geese, From I 90 and State Hyw 86, go south on Hyw 86 about 5 1/2 miles to C=
R 66 , turn right on CR 66 and go 1 mile and turn left.&nbsp; The birds were=
 in a field on the left in about 2 miles.<BR>
@ Greater White-fronted - Freeborn County - Alden Sewage ponds<BR>
@ Snow Geese<BR>
@ Turkey Vulture<BR>
@ Wilson's Snipe<BR>
@ Franklin's Gull - South Heron Lake<BR>
@ Yellow-headed Blackbird<BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN </FONT></HTML>

--part1_12f.26d6aa9a.2bba6d31_boundary--