[mou] Ross's Geese still present, Scott County

Bob Dunlap rmdbird@mn.rr.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:16:16 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C2FE14.17826DE0

This evening I took a couple of friends birding in Scott County.  I =
showed them ducks and geese at the New Prague sewage ponds (north of the =
city on north side of 270th street).  The two Ross's Geese that had been =
reported earlier in the week were indeed still present, along with many =
ducks.  As we watched from the roadside a Western Meadowlark perched on =
a fencepost across the road and sang for us.  We then went to Louisville =
Swamp to watch American Woodcocks display.  We got very close to one and =
heard about 3 others close to the parking lot.  It turned out to be a =
pretty enjoyable evening.
-Bob Dunlap, Carver County

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C2FE14.17826DE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This evening I took a couple of friends =
birding in=20
Scott County.&nbsp; I showed them ducks and geese at the New Prague =
sewage ponds=20
(north of the city on north side of 270th street).&nbsp; The two Ross's =
Geese=20
that had been reported earlier in the week were indeed still present, =
along with=20
many ducks.&nbsp; As we watched from the roadside a Western Meadowlark =
perched=20
on a fencepost across the road and sang for us.&nbsp; We then went to =
Louisville=20
Swamp to watch American Woodcocks display.&nbsp; We got very close to =
one and=20
heard about 3 others close to the parking lot.&nbsp; It turned out to be =
a=20
pretty enjoyable evening.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Bob Dunlap, Carver=20
County</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C2FE14.17826DE0--