[mou] Osprey, CarverCo.

connyb connyb@mycidco.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:09:22

This morning while roaming around the Carver Park Reserve I saw that two Osprey had returned to their nesting platforms, one on Carver Park Rd, and one on Grimm Rd.

I drove around many lakes in the County and their were still 16 species around on the lakes.  The Mayer Sewage Ponds on Co 30, had 20 Male Green-winged Teal, and that many Male Canvasback, as well as a nice variety.  There were 4 Wilson's Snipe probing on the muddy shoreline.  I enjoyed watching them preen which was no easy feat with that long-bill, they were quite the contortionist to reach those breast feathers.

In McLeod Co I pulled over next to a muddy wet field with both Teal, Shovlers, and Killdeer and I flushed up a Greater Yellowlegs that took off calling.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com