[mou] Lyon County/Jackson County - 4/13/03

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:27:23 EDT

--part1_124.20b88e46.2bcc032b_boundary

4/13/03

Here is information on 3 of the more unusual species that were encountered in
Lyon and Jackson County on Sunday.

Lyon County
@ Eurasian Collared Dove - Town of Russell - At least two birds were present
and active near the park on 2nd street.  The birds were observed from 10:00 -
10:30am, sitting on some of the telephone poles and flying.  They were also
very vocal.

Jackson County
@ Black-headed Gull - The bird previously reported on the State wide RBA was
still present on the North end of Spirit Lake along the causeway.  We did not
see the bird cross into Minnesota, but was with 15 to 20 at times and with
patience you should be able to see the bird in Minnesota.  We observed the
bird from 4:00 - 5:00 pm and it would alternate from flying to resting along
the shoreline.
@ Great-tailed Grackle - A single male was observed from 5:15 - 6:00pm.  The
bird was observed in the cattle pen and field on the Minnesota side and
sitting in a large tree on the county line.  This bird was observed at the
original Grovers Lake sight on the Minnesota and Iowa border.

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

--part1_124.20b88e46.2bcc032b_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">4/13/03<BR>
<BR>
Here is information on 3 of the more unusual species that were encountered i=
n Lyon and Jackson County on Sunday.<BR>
<BR>
Lyon County <BR>
@ Eurasian Collared Dove - Town of Russell - At least two birds were present=
 and active near the park on 2nd street.&nbsp; The birds were observed from=20=
10:00 - 10:30am, sitting on some of the telephone poles and flying.&nbsp; Th=
ey were also very vocal.<BR>
<BR>
Jackson County<BR>
@ Black-headed Gull - The bird previously reported on the State wide RBA was=
 still present on the North end of Spirit Lake along the causeway.&nbsp; We=20=
did not see the bird cross into Minnesota, but was with 15 to 20 at times an=
d with patience you should be able to see the bird in Minnesota.&nbsp; We ob=
served the bird from 4:00 - 5:00 pm and it would alternate from flying to re=
sting along the shoreline.<BR>
@ Great-tailed Grackle - A single male was observed from 5:15 - 6:00pm.&nbsp=
; The bird was observed in the cattle pen and field on the Minnesota side an=
d sitting in a large tree on the county line.&nbsp; This bird was observed a=
t the original Grovers Lake sight on the Minnesota and Iowa border.<BR>
<BR>
Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN </FONT></HTML>

--part1_124.20b88e46.2bcc032b_boundary--