[mou] April 17th 2003 Birds

SoYBomB223@aol.com SoYBomB223@aol.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:57:31 EDT

--part1_1ad.12e413c1.2bd07d4b_boundary

Went birding at Carver Park, Cleary Lake, and Ritter Farm today and, despite
the unpleasant weather, saw a wide variety of species, 53 total!
Some highlights included:
~Great Horned Owl with young on the nest at the entrance of Ritter Farm, we
got a very good look at the birds.
~Northern Harrier
~5 Osprey at Carver Park on nesting platforms. We watched one fly from the
platform out over a lake and take a fish. Pretty exciting.
Other birds of interest:
~Ruby Crowned Kinglet
~Big movement of Flickers. We saw them every where we went in big numbers.
~Eastern Bluebirds
~Cedar waxwings
~1 American Wigeon
~Common Loons
Over all it was a really good day.

Nick Tangen
Rosemount Minnesota

--part1_1ad.12e413c1.2bd07d4b_boundary

=3D"Eras Demi ITC" LANG=3D"0">Went birding at Carver Park, Cleary Lake, and=20=
Ritter Farm today and, despite the unpleasant weather, saw a wide variety of=
 species, 53 total! <BR>
Some highlights included:&nbsp; <BR>
~Great Horned Owl with young on the nest at the entrance of Ritter Farm, we=20=
got a very good look at the birds.<BR>
~Northern Harrier<BR>
~5 Osprey at Carver Park on nesting platforms. We watched one fly from the p=
latform out over a lake and take a fish. Pretty exciting.<BR>
Other birds of interest:<BR>
~Ruby Crowned Kinglet<BR>
~Big movement of Flickers. We saw them every where we went in big numbers.<B=

~Eastern Bluebirds<BR>
~Cedar waxwings<BR>
~1 American Wigeon<BR>
~Common Loons<BR>
Over all it was a really good day. <BR>
<BR>
Nick Tangen<BR>
Rosemount Minnesota<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1ad.12e413c1.2bd07d4b_boundary--