[mou] Steele/Dodge County -Eurasian Collared Dove/Greater White-fronted & Ross's Geese

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:08:11 EDT

--part1_19e.137a4990.2bd4906b_boundary

4/20//03

Spent the day working on my Rice Lake State Park list and Dodge County list.
There was a nice mix of waterfowl present on Rice Lake and the wetland
previously reported on the North side of CR 19 West of the park had all the
previously mentioned birds, plus a single Brewers Blackbird.

The Eurasian Collared Doves were observed in Dodge County near the Gravel
pits.  They were observed at the intersection of CR 1 & CR G.  The birds were
observed in flight first and then sitting in a tree next to the Gray house in
the NE corner of the intersection.  They were calling, but hard to hear over
all the exotic birds being raised at the farm at that location.  This was at
12:30 - 1:00pm.

Four Greater White-fronted Geese were observed at 1:00pm, about 1 block East
of the spot with the Doves there is a Gravel pit pond on the North side of
the road.  The Geese were observed circling low over the road 4 times and
briefly landing in the field to the west of the gravel pit.  Then the birds
all flew off to the NW.  There was a single Snow Goose with them.

At 2:00pm, I observed a small flock of Snow Geese and two Ross's Geese in a
field on the West side of CR 5, about 1/2 mile South of CR G.  The birds were
still present at 4:30pm

Dodge Center Creek Park, was quite.  But there were a few Hermit Thrushes and
Brown Creepers present in the park.  Just West of Dodge Center, I observed
both Eastern and Western Meadowlarks in the same field.

Both Savannah and Vesper Sparrows were observed in large numbers in both
counties along many road side fence lines.

Steele County
@ Osprey - Rice Lake State Park
@ Bonaparte's Gull - Rice Lake State Park
@ Pileated Woodpecker - Rice Lake State Park
@ Hermit Thrush
@ Swamp Sparrow
@ Brewer's Blackbird

Dodge County
@ Greater White-fronted Goose - Possible First County record?
@ Snow Goose
@ Ross's Goose
@ Cooper's Hawk
@ Eurasian Collared Dove
@ Belted kingfisher
@ Hermit Thrush
@ Brown Creeper
@ Northern Rough-winged Swallow
@ White-throated Sparrow

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

--part1_19e.137a4990.2bd4906b_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">4/20//03<BR>
<BR>
Spent the day working on my Rice Lake State Park list and Dodge County list.=
&nbsp; There was a nice mix of waterfowl present on Rice Lake and the wetlan=
d previously reported on the North side of CR 19 West of the park had all th=
e previously mentioned birds, plus a single Brewers Blackbird.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
The Eurasian Collared Doves were observed in Dodge County near the Gravel pi=
ts.&nbsp; They were observed at the intersection of CR 1 &amp; CR G.&nbsp; T=
he birds were observed in flight first and then sitting in a tree next to th=
e Gray house in the NE corner of the intersection.&nbsp; They were calling,=20=
but hard to hear over all the exotic birds being raised at the farm at that=20=
location.&nbsp; This was at 12:30 - 1:00pm.<BR>
<BR>
Four Greater White-fronted Geese were observed at 1:00pm, about 1 block East=
 of the spot with the Doves there is a Gravel pit pond on the North side of=20=
the road.&nbsp; The Geese were observed circling low over the road 4 times a=
nd briefly landing in the field to the west of the gravel pit.&nbsp; Then th=
e birds all flew off to the NW.&nbsp; There was a single Snow Goose with the=
m.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
At 2:00pm, I observed a small flock of Snow Geese and two Ross's Geese in a=20=
field on the West side of CR 5, about 1/2 mile South of CR G.&nbsp; The bird=
s were still present at 4:30pm<BR>
<BR>
Dodge Center Creek Park, was quite.&nbsp; But there were a few Hermit Thrush=
es and Brown Creepers present in the park.&nbsp; Just West of Dodge Center,=20=
I observed both Eastern and Western Meadowlarks in the same field.&nbsp; <BR=

<BR>
Both Savannah and Vesper Sparrows were observed in large numbers in both cou=
nties along many road side fence lines.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Steele County<BR>
@ Osprey - Rice Lake State Park<BR>
@ Bonaparte's Gull - Rice Lake State Park<BR>
@ Pileated Woodpecker - Rice Lake State Park <BR>
@ Hermit Thrush<BR>
@ Swamp Sparrow<BR>
@ Brewer's Blackbird<BR>
<BR>
Dodge County<BR>
@ Greater White-fronted Goose - Possible First County record?<BR>
@ Snow Goose<BR>
@ Ross's Goose<BR>
@ Cooper's Hawk<BR>
@ Eurasian Collared Dove<BR>
@ Belted kingfisher<BR>
@ Hermit Thrush<BR>
@ Brown Creeper<BR>
@ Northern Rough-winged Swallow<BR>
@ White-throated Sparrow<BR>
<BR>
Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN </FONT></HTML>

--part1_19e.137a4990.2bd4906b_boundary--