[mou] Towhee, gnatcatcher Hennepin Co.

Chris Mansfield bikebirder75@yahoo.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

This morning at the Bass Ponds in Bloomington there was a male Eastern
Towhee with a flock of White-throated Sparrows.  It was at the west
side near Hwy. 77 in the oak litter.  There were also a couple of
Savannah sparrows mixed in with the Field and Song flocks in the trails
here, and a Winter Wren by the wooden footbridge over the stream
between Little Bass and Big Bass pond.  Many Swamp sparrows singing in
the marshes.

At Old Cedar I saw my first Blue-gray Gnatcatcher of the season (thanks
for sending 'em on up, Carol!).  There were also two Brown Thrashers
singing and an American Bittern and a Green Heron in the marsh below
the garden center.

Chris

=====
Chris Mansfield