[mou] Cinnamon Teal in Benton Co still present

connyb connyb@mycidco.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:02:22

Thank You Herb Dingmann for finding that Cinnamon Teal at the Gilman Sewage Ponds in Benton Co, and reporting it so promptly.  This morning when I read your post I never gave it a second thought, I just hopped in the car and headed there.  At 8:45 am I was enjoying fabulous looks at that beautiful Male Adult Breeding Cinnamon Teal, out in the open the whole time with no cattails to hide in.  The Blue-winged Teals, Lesser Scaup, Northern Shovlers, and Pied-billed Grebe were also in the ponds.

In the muddy flooded fields were Greater Yellowlegs, Killdeer, and lots of Wilson's Snipe.  Eastern Meadowlark, Yellow-headed Blackbirds, Pheasants, Song and Savannah Sp, Tree Swallows, and a Northern Harrier.  When I left the ponds at 9:30 the Cinnamon Teal was still there.

In the Foley Sewage Ponds were 2 Horned Grebes, Bufflehead, Gadwall, Northern Shovlers, and Lesser Scaup.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com