[mou] Brown County - Great-tailed Grackle update - 4/22/03

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:59:06 EDT

--part1_1dc.83ec588.2bd9b82a_boundary

4/22/03

On Tuesday refound the Great-tailed Grackles at the Sleepy Eye Compost site
and Sewage ponds with Conny Brunell.  We observed the birds at about 3:30pm.
One item that I'm not sure has been posted prior to this is the hours of the
composting site are 4 - 8pm on Tue. and 8 - noon on Saturdays.  The advantage
to the sight being open is you do not have to walk far to where the birds are
usually being seen.  The problem may be that they will not be seen as was our
case, once there are cars in the sight.  We did also relocate the Virginia
Rails posted earlier in the Marsh East of the compost piles.

On another note there were some nice mud flats in Cottonwood County.  They
are located just East of Windom, on the North side of Hyw 60.  From the town
of Windom go East on Hyw 60 to (Joe Campbell road ????? Some persons name
road), turn North.  The road skirts around and through a parking area for
what looks like a meat packing plant? Once out of the parking area you will
see the wetland ahead of you.  We had Lesser Yellowlegs, Pectoral Sandpipers
and Semi-palmated Plovers at this area on Tuesday.

--part1_1dc.83ec588.2bd9b82a_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">4/22/03<BR>
<BR>
On Tuesday refound the Great-tailed Grackles at the Sleepy Eye Compost site=20=
and Sewage ponds with Conny Brunell.&nbsp; We observed the birds at about 3:=
30pm.&nbsp; One item that I'm not sure has been posted prior to this is the=20=
hours of the composting site are 4 - 8pm on Tue. and 8 - noon on Saturdays.&=
nbsp; The advantage to the sight being open is you do not have to walk far t=
o where the birds are usually being seen.&nbsp; The problem may be that they=
 will not be seen as was our case, once there are cars in the sight.&nbsp; W=
e did also relocate the Virginia Rails posted earlier in the Marsh East of t=
he compost piles.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
On another note there were some nice mud flats in Cottonwood County.&nbsp; T=
hey are located just East of Windom, on the North side of Hyw 60.&nbsp; From=
 the town of Windom go East on Hyw 60 to (Joe Campbell road ????? Some perso=
ns name road), turn North.&nbsp; The road skirts around and through a parkin=
g area for what looks like a meat packing plant? Once out of the parking are=
a you will see the wetland ahead of you.&nbsp; We had Lesser Yellowlegs, Pec=
toral Sandpipers and Semi-palmated Plovers at this area on Tuesday.<BR>
<BR>
 </FONT></HTML>

--part1_1dc.83ec588.2bd9b82a_boundary--