[mou] Fw: possible virus

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@msn.com
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:37:16 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C369AD.F5C82860

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Michael Hendrickson=20
To: Alaudon ; AliceBrenny ; Allison Cambell Jensen ; Ammhsmith ; Andrew =
Longtin ; Andrew.Longtin ; Avocet13 ; Bill George ; Bob Dunlap ; Bob =
Janssen ; Brian Lundgren ; Carol Schumacher ; Carol Schumacher ; Chad =
Heins ; Chet Meyers ; Chris Benson ; Chris Fagyal ; ChristineSeitz ; =
Colin Gjervold ; ColleenDaugherty ; Connie Norheim ; Craig Mandell ; =
cyndielias ; Dave Bartkey ; Dave Benson ; david ; deanne.endrizzi ; =
DebraPayson ; Dedrick Benz ; Donald Starkweather ; Drew Smith ; Dudley =
Edmundson ; Earl Orf ; elijahparker ; EllieMartin ; Frani Lowe ; Frank =
Nicolletti ; fred lesher ; Heidi Ferguson ; Hoeger-Lerdal ; Houghton, =
Timothy D. ; Jake M Musser ; James Gilbertson ; JAN FRANK ; JE Bush ; =
Jerry Bonkoski ; Jim & Carol Tveekrem ; Jim Barrett=20
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 7:27 PM
Subject: possible virus

A virus has been passed on to me by one of my email
contacts and my address book in turn has been
infected. The person who passed it on to me found it
and deleted it. I found it in our computer, and
deleted it.  Since you are in my address book there is
a very strong chance that you will find it in your
computer too.  The virus called (jdbgmgr.exe) is not
detected by Norton or Macafee antivirus systems. This
virus sits quietly for 14days before damaging the
system.It is sent automatically by messenger and the
address book whether or not you send e-mails to
contacts.

Here is how to check the virus and get rid of it.

1.Go to Start,Find or Search option.
2.In the file.folders option, type the
name;jdbgmgr.exe
3.Be sure you search your C-Drive and all sub folders
and any other drives
you may have.
4. Click   "Find Now"
5.The virus has a grey teddy bear icon with the name
jdgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT.
Go to edit (on the menu bar) and Select All to
highlight the file without opening it.
7.Now go to file on the menu bar and select Delete. It
will go to the recycle bin. If you find the virus you
must contact all the people in your address book so
that they can eradicate it in their own address books.

To do this.

1. Open a new email message.
2. Click the icon of the address book next to the "To"
3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
4. Copy this message, enter subject and paste to email
and send.

I'm sorry for any hardships this may cause you - we
all think we're protected by our virus scan programs,
but I guess that can't always be the case.

Again, I apologize!

--- =20
--- apboff@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C369AD.F5C82860

<HTML xmlns:v xmlns:o><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; =
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; PADDING-TOP: 10pt">----- Original =
Message -----=20
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A href=3D"mailto:smithville4@msn.com">Michael =
Hendrickson</A>=20
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A href=3D"mailto:Alaudon@mayo.edu">Alaudon</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:playinfo@duluthplayhouse.org">AliceBrenny</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:aajensen1@hotmail.com">Allison Cambell Jensen</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:Ammhsmith@aol.com">Ammhsmith</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:alongtin@worldnet.att.net">Andrew Longtin</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:Andrew.Longtin@sungard.com">Andrew.Longtin</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:Avocet13@cs.com">Avocet13</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:birdbill5@aol.com">Bill George</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:rmdbird@mn.rr.com">Bob Dunlap</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:RBJanssen@aol.com">Bob Janssen</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:blundgren@fryberger.com">Brian Lundgren</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:birdminn@yahoo.com">Carol Schumacher</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:carol@linux2.winona.msus.edu">Carol Schumacher</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:odunamis@yahoo.com">Chad Heins</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:chetmeyers@visi.com">Chet Meyers</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:chrisb@fullcircleimage.com">Chris Benson</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:cfagyal@broadbandusa.cc">Chris Fagyal</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:seitz@duluthplayhouse.org">ChristineSeitz</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:tuffrasta@yahoo.com">Colin Gjervold</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:duluthplayhouse@cpinternet.com">ColleenDaugherty</A> ; <A =

href=3D"mailto:cnorheim@msn.com">Connie Norheim</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:EgretCman@aol.com">Craig Mandell</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:cyndielias@juno.com">cyndielias</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:cerulean66@charter.net">Dave Bartkey</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:drbenson@cpinternet.com">Dave Benson</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:david@cahlander.com">david</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:deanne.endrizzi@juno.com">deanne.endrizzi</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:dapayson1@aol.com">DebraPayson</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:benzdedrick@hotmail.com">Dedrick Benz</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:donstark@charter.net">Donald Starkweather</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:drewbec@aol.com">Drew Smith</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:dudley@raptorworks.com">Dudley Edmundson</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:earlorf@uslink.net">Earl Orf</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:elijahparker@tds.net">elijahparker</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:glenavon4@aol.com">EllieMartin</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:grimlyweird@earthlink.net">Frani Lowe</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:bjboreal@aol.com">Frank Nicolletti</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:corax6330@yahoo.com">fred lesher</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:Heidi.Ferguson@mci.com">Heidi Ferguson</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:prh@hutchtel.net">Hoeger-Lerdal</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:tdhoughton@stcloudstate.edu">Houghton, Timothy D.</A> ; =
<A=20
href=3D"mailto:muss0044@umn.edu">Jake M Musser</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:jbgilbertson@msn.com">James Gilbertson</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:jfrank1@FAIRVIEW.ORG">JAN FRANK</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:eljobush@hotmail.com">JE Bush</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:JEbonkoski@aol.com">Jerry Bonkoski</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:jotcat@boreal.org">Jim &amp; Carol Tveekrem</A> ; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:jwbarrett@email.msn.com">Jim Barrett</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, August 23, 2003 7:27 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> possible virus</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>A virus has been passed on to me by one of my email<BR>contacts and =
my=20
address book in turn has been<BR>infected. The person who passed it on =
to me=20
found it<BR>and deleted it. I found it in our computer, and<BR>deleted =
it.&nbsp;=20
Since you are in my address book there is<BR>a very strong chance that =
you will=20
find it in your<BR>computer too.&nbsp; The virus called (jdbgmgr.exe) is =

not<BR>detected by Norton or Macafee antivirus systems. This<BR>virus =
sits=20
quietly for 14days before damaging the<BR>system.It is sent =
automatically by=20
messenger and the<BR>address book whether or not you send e-mails=20
to<BR>contacts.<BR><BR>Here is how to check the virus and get rid of=20
it.<BR><BR>1.Go to Start,Find or Search option.<BR>2.In the file.folders =
option,=20
type the<BR>name;jdbgmgr.exe<BR>3.Be sure you search your C-Drive and =
all sub=20
folders<BR>and any other drives<BR>you may have.<BR>4. Click&nbsp;&nbsp; =
"Find=20
Now"<BR>5.The virus has a grey teddy bear icon with the =
name<BR>jdgmgr.exe DO=20
NOT OPEN IT.<BR>Go to edit (on the menu bar) and Select All =
to<BR>highlight the=20
file without opening it.<BR>7.Now go to file on the menu bar and select =
Delete.=20
It<BR>will go to the recycle bin. If you find the virus you<BR>must =
contact all=20
the people in your address book so<BR>that they can eradicate it in =
their own=20
address books.<BR><BR>To do this.<BR><BR>1. Open a new email =
message.<BR>2.=20
Click the icon of the address book next to the "To"<BR>3. Highlight =
every name=20
and add to "BCC"<BR>4. Copy this message, enter subject and paste to=20
email<BR>and send.<BR><BR>I'm sorry for any hardships this may cause you =
-=20
we<BR>all think we're protected by our virus scan programs,<BR>but I =
guess that=20
can't always be the case.<BR><BR>Again, I=20
apologize!<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>---&nbsp; <BR>--- <A=20
href=3D"mailto:apboff@earthlink.net">apboff@earthlink.net</A><BR>--- =
EarthLink:=20
It's your Internet.<BR><BR><BR></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C369AD.F5C82860--