[mou] Rusty Blackbird in Duluth

Laura Erickson lauraerickson@abac.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:31:12 -0600

I just had a Rusty Blackbird in my back trees which may be hanging out with a flock of starlings in Lakeside.  I hardly ever get starlings, but at 1:20 a flock flew into my yard, and that's when I saw the blackbird, too--got clear looks at its different shape, longer tail, yellow eye, rusty head, etc.  The group is gone now, but if you're birding in the Lakeside neighborhood, keep watch for it.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Producer, "For the Birds" radio program
<http://www.lauraerickson.com/>

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                --Rachel Carson