[mou] Red-shouldered Hawk

Holly Peirson hpeirson@pclink.com
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:03:39 -0600

In an email sent earlier this AM:

I've been seeing it out of the corner of my eye all week as I sit here at
the computer, which faces my marsh. This morning it came and sat over my
feeders...

In an email sent a couple of minutes ago:

The Red-shouldered hawk has been hanging around all AM, flying to this and
that perch, which makes me think it hasn't been successful in the hunt, yet.
Not for lack of trying. What a beauty-Oh!! Nice adult.

Oh, oh, it just flew down and grabbed a mouse-size animal... So he's not
going hungry. I've checked Birds in Minnesota, which says a few over-winter
in our area. Wouldn't that be nice. It seems like it's got to be my summer
nester, because it uses some of the same perches and knows the area very
well.

Today's happenings in the marsh and oak woods of Holly Peirson, Columbus
Twnshp near Forest Lake, Anoka Co., MN