[mou] Sightings Saturday at Black Dog Lake, Dakota County

O. William Bruins wbruins@earthlink.net
Sun, 07 Dec 2003 11:09:35 -0600

Joel Dunnette and I made a quick run to Black Dog Lake during the lunch
break of the MOU Paper session. Joel wanted to see if he could locate a
gull or two that would add to his year list. Well nothing but Ring-bills
and Herring Gulls. Meanwhile I occupied myself with scanning the ponds by
the power plant. I picked up two bids to add to my year list -- American
Black Duck and Black-crowned Night Heron.

In addition there were about twenty Double-crested Cormorants, several
hundred Common Mergansers , a hundred or so Mallards, one Chickadee, three
Canada Geese about.

It was a nice break from an excellent meeting.
Bill

William Bruins
WBruins@EarthLink.Net
Rochester, MN on the Zumbro River in Olmsted County, SE MN