[mou] Mall of America Peregrine, Hennepin Co

Chris Mansfield bikebirder75@yahoo.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:14:43 -0800 (PST)

Instead of picking up a few items at Sears as intended, from
10:00-11:40 AM today Ben and I watched an adult hooded anatum-type
Peregrine carry a pigeon from the Mall, land on the Grand Hotel Mall of
America (formerly Doubletree) on the west (24th Avenue) side, and eat
while perched on the letter "D" in "GRAND".  Still there when we left.

Other hotel birds included a female cardinal and a White-throated
Sparrow in the cedars near the entrance.

I'm in the Mall area only 2-3 times a month on average, but I've seen
at least two different Peregrines on that hotel three times over the
past year.  It must be the place to go for fine Bloomington pigeon
take-out.

Chris

=====
Chris Mansfield