[mou] RE: [mnbird] CBCs this weekend

Jim Ryan jimryan37@hotmail.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:51:47 -0600

Gentle MN birders (MOU too),
I was wondering and wishing (It is the Christmas season after all - I bet
I'm not the only one) some of the leaders of the CBCs could coordinate more
somehow so there are not so many CBCs on the same day. Roger lists no less
than 24 counts on the December 20! And almost all the counts this year are
on Saturdays, too. What about Sundays?

Many of the more avid birders already counting somewhere would be glad to do
an additional count or two if they were not all on the same day! I am
committed to 3 CBCs this year (one down, two to go), including one on the
20th, but see at LEAST 5 other counts I would be interested in doing all on
the same day. Several of these were asking for more participants. Rather
frustrating.

My thoughts,
Jim in South Mpls.

'If all the animals were gone, we would die from loneliness of spirit, for
whatever happens to the animals soon happens to us. We are part of the
earth, and it is a part of us. This we know: all things are connected like
the blood which unites one family. Man did not weave the web of life; he is
merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.'
Chief Seattle, 1854