[mou] Christmas Eagles

Chet Meyers chetmeyers@visi.com
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 17:09:19 -0600

Today Miriam and I drove my sister Barbara 'down river' to see some eagles.
There was plenty of open water in Redwing's Colville Park area and lots of
excellent photo opportunities with bald eagles diving for fish in the open
water... eighteen eagles in all, along with common mergansers, common
golden-eye (no Barrow's), mallards, and a pair of black ducks. We continued
down to Reed's Landing and were greeted by another 50 or so bald eagles. I'm
sure there were many more eagles, but we were just enjoying the day and not
trying for a high count. A nice way to spend a Christmas afternoon.  Holiday
greetings to all MN birders.