[mou] MOU Winter Trip

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:41:07 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C3CCA8.FDB7A970

On February 14-15 I will be leading a MOU Field Trip. We will meet at =
7:00am and head up to Sax Zim to look for owls and other winter =
specialties in the am hours and than bird around Duluth in the =
afternoon. On Sunday we will meet early and head up to Isabella and look =
for owls, spruce grouse and other winter goodies.

So far I have plenty of room and I my co leaders will be Kim Risen and =
John Hockema.

Last year we saw Great Grey Owl, lots of Black-backed Woodpeckers, =
Boreal Chickadees, Sharp-tail Grouse, Thayer's Gulls and a hard to find =
Iceland Gull at Superior Landfill.

This year so far looks like a carbon copy of last year. NO Snowy Owls or =
a Hawk Owl!! Well there's plenty of time for one to hopefully show up. A =
Gyr was sighted last week and so far it hasn't bee nrefound. That =
doesn't mean anything as last year Gyr was seen off and on in the harbor =
thru most of the winter.=20

Remember all MOU Field Trips are at no cost to anyone who joins these =
trips. The only thing birders have to do is reserve your own lodging and =
pay for your own food. We car pool and use FRS/GRS radios for =
communicating. We also try to share the cost of gas as well to those =
that drive thier own cars.=20

I really try to make these trips easy going and relax. I like to laugh =
and goof off as well as be serious when it comes to finding birds. I =
also have lots of great birding friends here in the Duluth area that =
will call me about any rare sighting that will also benefit our trip.

Also my co-leaders are terrific birders as well as very close friends of =
mind. Kim Risen has traveled and birded all over Minnesota, North =
America and South America. He knows birds like no other I met. John =
Hockema is a very good birder as well and knows Minnesota birds. He has =
led trips for a few birding festivals in Minnesota and well known in SE =
Minnesota. What makes them great to me is that they love to have fun and =
be serious as well.  I am thrilled to have them both along this year to =
help me out!

So if your interested in racking up year birds, life birds or just =
seeing some great birds than email me and I'l ladd your name to the =
roster. Also besides birds we also have a chance to see mammals such as =
Moose, Pine Martin, Mink, Fisher and the very shy Timber Wolf ( we saw =
one last year in Sax Zim)!!

Thanks

Mike Hendrickson
MOU Field Trip Chairman
Smithville4@charter.net

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C3CCA8.FDB7A970

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On February 14-15 I will be leading a =
MOU Field=20
Trip. We will meet at 7:00am and head up to Sax Zim to look for owls and =
other=20
winter specialties in the am hours and than bird around Duluth in the =
afternoon.=20
On Sunday we will meet early and head up to Isabella and look for owls, =
spruce=20
grouse and other winter goodies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So far I have plenty of room and I my =
co leaders=20
will be Kim Risen and John Hockema.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Last year we saw Great Grey Owl, lots =
of=20
Black-backed Woodpeckers, Boreal Chickadees, Sharp-tail Grouse, Thayer's =
Gulls=20
and a hard to find Iceland Gull at Superior Landfill.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This year so far looks like a carbon =
copy of last=20
year. NO Snowy Owls or a Hawk Owl!! Well there's plenty of time for one =
to=20
hopefully show up. A Gyr was sighted last week and so far it hasn't bee=20
nrefound. That doesn't mean anything as last year Gyr was seen off and =
on in the=20
harbor thru most of the winter. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Remember all MOU Field Trips are at no =
cost to=20
anyone who joins these trips. The only thing birders have to do is =
reserve your=20
own lodging and pay for your own food. We car pool and use FRS/GRS =
radios for=20
communicating. We also try to share the cost of gas as well to those =
that drive=20
thier own cars. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I really try to make these trips easy =
going and=20
relax. I like to laugh and goof off as well as be serious when it comes =
to=20
finding birds. I also have lots of great birding friends here in the =
Duluth area=20
that will call me about any rare sighting that will also benefit our=20
trip.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also my co-leaders are terrific birders =
as well as=20
very close friends of mind. Kim Risen has traveled and birded all over=20
Minnesota, North America and South America. He knows birds like no other =
I met.=20
John Hockema is a very good birder as well and knows Minnesota birds. He =
has led=20
trips for a few birding festivals in Minnesota and well known in SE =
Minnesota.=20
What makes them great to me is that they love to have fun and be serious =
as=20
well.&nbsp; I am thrilled to have them both along this year to help me=20
out!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So if your interested in racking up =
year birds,=20
life birds or just seeing some great birds than email me and I'l ladd =
your name=20
to the roster. Also besides birds we also have a chance to see mammals =
such as=20
Moose, Pine Martin, Mink, Fisher and the very shy Timber Wolf ( we saw =
one last=20
year in Sax Zim)!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>MOU Field Trip Chairman</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:Smithville4@charter.net">Smithville4@charter.net</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>