[mou] Re: FEATHERS

Shelley Steva crossbill7200@yahoo.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:46:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am in agreement with Christine. It is human nature
to want to possess something- and bird feathers are
undeniably beautiful! I think that something that
could lead to so many unanticipated problems- like the
changing of the 1918 law- should be left alone.
  It is interesting to note that this law just came up
in discussion with some teachers I know just last
week. We were wondering what was proper when it came
to possession of specimens. We were told that as long
as you had the permits and you were working for an
educational institution you could have the specimens.
Shelley Steva- Thief River Falls