[mou] New Germany - update

Chet Meyers chetmeyers@visi.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:50:09 -0500

Today Miriam and I briefly birded New Germany.  The willows have grown so
thick along Yancy that it is impossible to see anything much from the road,
but that matters little at this point as the water is too high to afford any
shoreline.  There are a few shorebirds in the flooded pig farm field on
Yale.. the usual suspects.  The wetland that straddles Highway 7 on the
Carver-McLeod county line finally has some useable shoreline and we found
small numbers of shorebirds (5 common species) as well as 49 great egrets.
We explored and found no new areas. Previously flooded farm fields have
dried up and are filling with vegetation and crops.