[mou] Two Prairie Warblers at Murphy Hanrahan

Terence Brashear birdnird@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I was at Murphy Hanrahan at the previously mentioned
Prairie Warbler site today, Tuesday, June 3, 2003 and
it appears that there are two males.  I saw the two
birds get into scuffles twice while I was there from
1PM-3:34PM.  What is interesting is that one males
song is what I would call a typical Prairie Warbler
song - very loud and pronounced.  The other bird has a
much more subdued atypical song.  I am guessing the
second bird is a first year bird and has not mastered
his song yet.

One bird is on the south side of the river the other
is on the north side of the river.

Also, please note that when you drive up to the spot
please be as quiet as possible.  At about 1PM a women
drove up and had a very loud cell phone conversation
on the roadway and the bird stopped singing and fled
the area.  After 10 minutes of conversation she hung
up and the bird started singing again to the south.
She pursued it, but I never got to see the person so I
have no idea if she saw the bird or not.  Waiting
patiently is your best bet for seeing the bird.

Regards,

Terry Brashear
birdnird@yahoo.com
Hennepin County MN