[mou] Looking for data

Jeff Price jtpbirder@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:39:10 -0700 (PDT)

As part of a larger study looking for fingerprints of
climate change and for influences of climatic
oscillations on bird migration we are in search of
data.  This may be your opportunity to use your
birding data to contribute to an important scientific
study.

The requirements are these -

1) We are primarily looking for data collected at a
single location (park, refuge, etc.) rather than for a
whole county/state.

2) The data need not have been collected by a single
individual.  If your bird club has been compiling
records for a site then that will work as well.

3) The data needs to have been collected consistently
throughout the migratory period.  We need first dates,
peak dates and last dates for spring and fall.
However, we do not need all data from all sites.  So,
if you just have first date records that is fine.

3a) We are also interested in nesting records for a
different study.

4) The data needs to have been compiled for at least
10 years and preferably 25 years.  It also needs to be
current through at least 2000.

5) Computerized data help.  However, for a suitable
data set we will computerize it for you.  For an
excceptional data set we will both computerize it and
provide a copy of AviSys for you (with your data
already entered on it).

If you think you are interested or know of a suitable
data set please reply to this email.

Stanford Bird Migration Study Team

=====
Jeff Price