[mou] Olmsted waterfowl

Bob Ekblad ekblad@millcomm.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:11:42 -0600

Diane & I checked out a few spots on the west side of Rochester this
morning.

There were at least three Greater White-fronted Geese at the Historical
Society flooded field (to be a churchyard in the near future - and
probably not with a flooded field).  The South Landfill Reservoir had
open water in the middle that had several Northern Pintail, a Gadwall, a
few Green-winged Teal and a female scaup.   The East Landfill Reservoir
was still iced over with just a bit of open water at the culvert by the
road that a few pintail were using.  There were a couple of Ring-billed
Gulls on the ice there as well (along with our usual Canada Geese and
Mallards).

--
Bob Ekblad
Olmsted County in SE Minnesota