[mou] MRVAC meeting Thursday 3/27

Steve Weston sweston2@attbi.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:57:43 -0600

The Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC) will hold its March meeting on Thursday the 27th.

Darby Nelson is a retired professor of biology, a long-time environmentalist, a former Minnesota legislator and currently a
freelance writer will present a program on "The Porcupine Caribou Homeland".  The coastal plain of the Arctic National
Wildlife Refuge sits on top of an untapped oil reserve, but it is also the same place the Porcupine River caribou herd come
to calve.  Darby Nelson is going to take us on a 700 mile wilderness canoe trip through the heart of their subarctic home to
discover where they spend the rest of their year.  Along the way, you’ll meet the Gwitch’n people and learn how we
southerners, even though we never personally visit the far North, leave our footprints on the land.

Please,  join us  at 7:30 p.m. at the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitor’s Center in Bloomington.  Please
come at 7:00pm for the social period with coffee, cookies and committee exhibits.  There is no admission.

For directions e-mail me or see our newsletter at: http://home.attbi.com/~mrvac/Mar2003.doc
or you can visit our website: www.mrvac.org .

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan
sweston2@attbi.com