[mou] Woodlake Nature Center birds

Elijah Parker elijahparker@tds.net
04 May 2003 21:29:21 -0500

I took a walk in the rain today at at Woodlake nature center hoping to
find the Northern Parula.  I was unsuccessful in finding it, but I did
come across lots of PALM WARBLERS, several BLACK AND WHITE, 2 CHESTNUT
SIDED (one of my favorites!), and of course, hundreds of YELLOW RUMPED.
Unfortunately, I didn't hear many of the warblers sing at all, so I just
had to look at each one in my binoculars to see if it was a yellow
rumped or not.  There was also a large flock containing BARN SWALLOWS,
TREE SWALLOWS, CHIMNEY SWIFTS, and a couple CLIFF SWALLOWS.

BTW, thanks everyone for the response on the Chukar, I was hoping it
wouldn't be that, since it sure looked like a good find. :)

-Elijah