[mou] Great River Birding Festival

Kelly Larson larson@redwing.net
Tue, 06 May 2003 11:44:20 -0500

The following is posted with permission from Jim Williams.

Second Annual Great River Birding Festival, May 9th-11th
A Celebration of Spring on the Mississippi Flyway

    Just a reminder for those who are looking for a fun filled weekend
of excellent spring
birding. The Great River Birding Festival takes place this coming
weekend, May 9th-11th. It's looking like this weekend will be the peak
of the warbler migration!
    Guided bird walks are scheduled for both sides of the Mississippi
River from Alma, WI
to Red Wing, MN. We will be exploring a variety of habitats including
bluff top prairie,
open grassland & meadow, hardwood forest, and flood plain forest.
Experience the
backwaters of the Mississippi by boat and rail car for some really
unique birding. A few
seats are still available for these special excursions. Take part in
engaging afternoon
seminars like Jim Fitzpatrick's "In Search of the Ivory-billed
Woodpecker" or Bob
Anderson's work to reintroduce the Peregrine Falcon and Swallow-tailed
Kite to the
Upper Mississippi River. Live birds of prey will be presented by the
National Eagle Center, Friends of a Feather, and the Houston Nature
Center.
    Audubon and MVP are proud to offer this exciting weekend of quality
programs and
events, and invite you to explore Mississippi's participating
communities along the way.
The festival is geared towards people of all ages and levels of birding
experience, and
encourages entire families to participate together in a weekend of
outdoor activities.
    For more information log on to our web site at
http://www.mississippi-river.org/birding
or call 877-525-3248

Visit Our Website
http://www.thefeatheredfriend.com

The Great River Birding Festival Is Coming
http://www.mississippi-river.org/birding/