[mou] Kentucky Warbler: Lebanon Hills

Steve Weston sweston2@attbi.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 22:06:35 -0500

On our way out from a MRVAC bird hike at Lebanon Hills Park in Eagan, we found a Kentucky Warbler.

Directions:  From Holland Lake parking lot (at Cliff and Lexington in Eagan)  follow the trail from the pier west along the
lake.  The trail continues along the lake turning south.  Stay on the trail going south through the first trail junction.
The trail continues down and back up into a clearing.  When you reach the clearing turn left (east) on the horse/ski trail
and follow it to the first shelter.  The warbler was seen in the tree tops near this shelter in the company of a couple of
Magnolia Warblers and a Golden-winged Warbler and a Redstart.  All were males.

Besides the mini-warbler wave we found several singing E. Towhees, at least one Ruby-throated Hummer (male), a Great-crested
Flycatcher, and a couple of Catbirds.

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan
sweston2@attbi.com